Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Ant Macro




Ok, this is my second try posting this image - last time it showed up fine on my computer, but apparently didn't show up an anyone else's computer.

Yesterday I was building a rock wall in the garden, as I moved rocks I kept finding red ants warming their larvae under the rocks heated by the sun. As I disturbed them they would rush around to put the larvae in the shade, either under another rock or down a hole.Watching these I remembered my reversed lens and decided to have another go with it. The working distance is only a few cm and the depth of field is very shallow, but the price was right!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Tom - I can't see an ant picture - but I'd like to - perhaps blooger has been playing tricks.
Mum and me will be off to Cornwall for a few days so won't be online much.....catch up with you when we get back,
Cheers
Dad