Sunday, August 06, 2006

Climbing, sorry no pix.

A great day climbing at flat rock today, Michelle, Lewis, Me and Neil spent most of the day relaxing on the rocks and climbing. Lewis and I climbed an "Yellow Fever" and ~80 foot 5.8, that was hard work!
We also climbed a new route called "Candy" it is adout ~50 feet and is a 5.7. This was my first outdoor lead, there are 3 rock bolts in place and I had to place two peices of gear (a cam and a tricam), so I guess that would nake it a mixed trad / sport route. I set up a top rope and Neil, Lewis and Michelle followed. Then we all rappelled (Absieled) down. I had my camera, but decided just to enjoy the climbing today.
I am off to Raglan tomorrow - so keep an eye on my blog for images from up there (probably as far North as I'll ever go).

No comments: